1 a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance [syn: book, playscript]
2 something written by hand; "she recognized his handwriting"; "his hand was illegible" [syn: handwriting, hand]
3 a particular orthography or writing system v : write a script for; "The playwright scripted the movie"
- Rhymes with: -ɪpt
- A writing; a written document.
- Written characters; style of writing.
- Type made in imitation of handwriting.
- An original instrument or document.
- The written document containing the dialogue and action for a drama; the text of a stage play, movie, or other performance. Especially, the final form used for the performance itself.
- A file containing a list of user commands, allowing them to be invoked once to execute in sequence.
- A system of writing adapted to a particular language or set of languages.
- An abbreviation for a prescription.
text of the dialogue and action for a drama
procedure or program in computing
- Czech: skript
- to make or write a script
Script may refer to:
- Script (performing arts), the dialogue and instructions for a play, musical or other performance work
- Script (recorded media), the dialogue and instructions for a film or television programme
- Script (comic book), the dialogue for a comic book or comic strip
- SCRIPT (AHRC Centre) Scottish Centre for Research in Intellectual Property and Technologies
- Scripting language (computing), a script written for the command interpreter of an operating system
- Behavioral script, a sequence of expected behaviors
- Scripts (artificial intelligence), a structure for representing procedural knowledge
- IBM SCRIPT, IBM's text formatting language
- Writing system
Script can also be used for:
- Handwriting or calligraphy
- Manuscript, any written document that is put down by hand
- Script (typeface), a raster typeface packaged with Windows XP
- Script (typefaces), a coordinated set of letterforms designed with stylistic unity
- Screenplay, the dialog and instructions for a film
- Teleplay, the dialog and instructions for a television production
- A common abbreviation or slang-type usage of Medical prescription
- A set of defined base elements or symbols in a writing system
script in Czech: Skript
script in German: Skript
script in Spanish: Guión
script in French: Script
script in Italian: Script
script in Dutch: Script
script in Japanese: スクリプト
script in Polish: Skrypt
script in Portuguese: Script
script in Simple English: Script
script in Slovak: Skript
script in Chinese: 腳本
IPA, ITA, Initial Teaching Alphabet, International Phonetic Alphabet, alphabet, alphabetics, arrange, art, article, ascender, autograph, autography, back, bastard type, beard, belly, bevel, black letter, blank, blueprint, body, book, brainchild, calligraphy, cap, capital, case, charactering, characterization, chart, chirograph, chirography, choreography, composition, computer printout, configure, continuity, conventional representation, copy, counter, create, cue, dance notation, delineation, demonstration, depiction, depictment, descender, design, diagram, docket, document, dossier, draft, drama, drawing, edited version, em, en, engrossment, essay, exemplification, face, fair copy, fat-faced type, feet, fiction, figuration, file, final draft, finished version, first draft, fist, flimsy, font, form, futhark, graphanalysis, graphemics, graphology, graphometry, groove, hand, handwriting, hieroglyphic, holograph, iconography, ideogram, illustration, imagery, imaging, instrument, italic, lay out, legal document, legal instrument, legal paper, letter, letters, libretto, ligature, limning, lines, literae scriptae, literary artefact, literary production, literature, logogram, logograph, logotype, lower case, lucubration, majuscule, manuscript, map, matter, minuscule, musical notation, nick, nonfiction, notation, official document, opus, order, organize, original, paleography, paper, papers, parchment, pattern, pen, pencraft, penmanship, penscript, personal file, pi, pica, pictogram, picturization, piece, piece of writing, plan, play, playbook, poem, point, portraiture, portrayal, prefigurement, prepare, presentment, print, printed matter, printing, printout, production, projection, reading matter, realization, recension, rendering, rendition, representation, roll, roman, runic alphabet, sans serif, scenario, scene plot, schema, score, screed, scrip, scription, scrive, scroll, second draft, shank, shooting script, shoulder, side, small cap, small capital, stamp, stem, stylography, syllabary, symbol, tablature, teleplay, text, the written word, transcript, transcription, type, type body, type class, type lice, typecase, typeface, typefounders, typefoundry, typescript, upper case, version, work, writ, write, writing, writing system